The Register of Craftsmen in Norway (Håndverksregisteret) was established in 1987 and this database provides an overview of the practitioners in traditional trades and techniques.
The Register has many important functions:
- a marketing channel for craftsmen
- a means of establishing contact between potential clients and craftsmen
- a tool for building networks
- an aid for the Norwegian Crafts Institute for locating bearers of traditions
- and tradesmen for our projects for both documentation and teaching
- a source of information about enterprises for apprenticeships of rare and protected crafts and trades.
Further information is available on the Internet.
The Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet) has approved the Registry of Craftsmen.