Norwegian crafts institute / RARE CRAFTS
We safeguard and pass on rare trades.
Enterprises that employ apprentices in trades deemed as rare and in need of protection receive a larger teaching subsidy. Through the Secretariat for Rare and Protected Crafts (Sekretariatet for små og verneverdige fag, SSV), we work with trades that can lead to a craft certification.
We are able to offer:
information about trades and possibilities for training
- references to possible craft enterprises
- information about possibilities for training in neighbouring countries • updates on developments within various trades
- assistance to enterprises seeking apprentices
- assistance in finding examination boards
- qualified advice to educational authorities
- background information to journalists, students, and others seeking to write about the trades